View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default San Diego - Hawaii cruise in Nov 2012

My wife & I will cruise to Hawaii in Nov 2012 aboard the Celebrity Century. This will be our 1st visit to Hawaii. I have been researching and reading some of the blogs and have determined there is simply too much to do and not enough time. Of course I realized this before I ever decided on the cruise, but wanted to get a taste of the main islands to decide whether to fly-in for another vacation at another time and where to stay for a better experience.

The excursion options offered by Celebrity just don't thrill me. I have checked many on-line companies and find that they may have interesting excursions but just don't time-up well.

Does anyone know if there are excursion companies set-up at the cruise ports so that you can book when you get off the ship? Can any of you experienced cruisers out there help me with suggestions for the "just can't miss things to do" in our ports-We would really, REALLY appreciate it!

Our itinerary follows:

Sun; 11/25/12; 7:00am-midnight: Honolulu (We would like to do Pearl Harbor and the main landmark sites: Diamond Head, North Shore, China Mans Hat, etc, but are open to any recommendations)

Mon; 11/26/12; 8:00am-midnight: Lahaina, Maui (We would like to do the Road to Hana or at least a portion of it and snorkel Molokini Crater, but again will be glad to get other ideas/recommendations)

Tue; 11/27/12; 8:00am-6:00pm: Kailua Kona (The only thing I have found is a catamaran snorkel trip - I really need some suggestions here PLEASE)

Wed; 11/28/12; 7:00am-4:00pm; Hilo (Definitely want to do the volcano, Akaka Falls, any other suggestions PLEASE)