View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Carnival Liberty Propulsion Problems

I am currently aboard the Carnival Liberty and it is experiencing a propulsion problem with one prop. Because of this the ship is not scheduled to dock until 10:30 a.m. on Saturday 3/10.

Carnival has opened up the phone lines for free calls so people can rebook air. They are also reimbursing, up to $200, for change fees associated with re-booking air.

Last night, Thursday 3/8, at approximately 10:30 their was a fairly violent shaking in the aft section of the ship. It was so bad and the subsequent vibration prompted my wife to call guest services and ask what happened. The standard answer was given: "The ship will do that in high seas". The seas were moderate but not too rough. I then noticed our speed dropped from 20 knots to 16. A person from guest services came by the cabin with a "all is fine" response. The rest of the night the vibration continued.

Then at 12:30 today the Captain announced that there was a propulsion problem and we would arrive late in Miami. It took them a while to admit it. hmmmm

We are gambling on making our 1:00 p.m. flight and if we don't then we'll just get a flight out on Sunday. It's nice not having to get back home right away.

I don't know what effect this will have on this week's sailing but I am guessing the itinerary may be changed.

I'll post more as I know it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links