View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by actingnurse View Post
Ok a couple of other dumb questions lol.

Ok - in the US I never use sunscreen - but I have a feeling I'm going to need it on the ship. I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff - I WANT to get some burn and a good tan so what SPF do you guys/girls use who still want to get a good tan while out?

Also, I'm a pro photographer - I have a feeling I shouldnt take my Camera and lenses on this trip at all? What I keep in my camera bag would run about 8k to replace.... but I was still hoping to get some great pics trying to figure that one out. Can I get insurance to cover my stuff if i DO take it?
I travel with my Canon 20D, Tamron 17-50/2.8 and 420EX speedlite on every cruise. If I take it off the ship depends on where I am and what I am doing. In 2009 at St Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk I carried it off with me to take pictures. 2010 I used my point and shoot in Key West but had the DSLR for Tulum. 2011 I carried the DSLR for Key West and no camera for Cozumel because I was going diving. My point and shoot died in 2011, so I also used my Android phone's camera a good bit as well for quick shots.
I now have a new point and shoot that I plan to buy a waterproof housing for so I can take it diving in the future. Obviously the 20D will stay on ship for these excursions.

Look at what you have in your bag and decide what you want to have. Body, speedlite, mid range and maybe a tele lens and leave the rest at home.

My other question is this ... if you're shooting professionally, don't you already have some kind of insurance on your rig?

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.