View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Could engine problems stem from adding extras during 2.0, or adding new passenger cabins etc. to existing ships? Each would be extra weight, yet ships were built to sustain the weight at the time ships were built?
If you think about it, put extra weight in your car trunk, it affects miles per gallon, the car will need a little more power to move.
Ruthless;

I would personally call 2.0 more like 1.5. IMO: It is more hype than substance. However, the Guy's Burgers are better than the old burgers but the toppings have more to do with it. You still get a re-heated burger which is the only way you can make that many burgers that fast. The Alchemy Bar was ok but nothing as interesting as the Celebrity Martini bars and the Comedy Clubs had better acts. Except one comedian who was too vulgar even for me and I'm am not easily offended with language or subject matter.

There really was no extra weight added. The facilities for Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana, Alchemy and the Comedy Clubs were already there. They were just redecorated or re-purposed. If there was some extra weight added it couldn't have been more than 100 passengers.

I would like to know what the actual problem was. It "seems" like the current cruise has maintained its scheduled itinerary but I haven't been monitoring it too closely for the last two days.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me