View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Cruiser View Post
Seems like all the Carnival Corp ships are having engine problems. Princess, Carnival and Costa most recently.

Carnival, I believe, has been neglecting basic maintenance on their engines, chasing the almighty dollar, and it is coming back to haunt them, though it just could be the type of engine they run in their ships.

Just seems funny that RCL and NCL don't seem to be having these problems. I don't know the difference in engine designs but I think that Carnival would do good to look at a different engine builder for their future ships.

Might be a interesting topic for Paul Motter to look into, to see if their engine builders are different then the other major cruise lines.
They have problems with their NEWEST engines as well. The Carnival Magic specifically.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.