View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Unhappy Coordinating show and dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Other than the production shows, Princess repeats the other show "headline" entertainment later in the cruise, using one of the large lounges.

That said... if you like to dine late, there's no reason you can't go to see the early show in the theater.
I agree with Kuki. The only way we found on Princess to really enjoy the show and then a leisurely dinner was to get to the theater half an hour before the early show, read a book until the show starts, and then after the show have a cocktail in a bar near the dining room while all the other people with the same idea wait in line. At times we don't mind late dining and this worked.

But the only way to get to bed early when you have a big excursion the next day is to be first in line at the DR at 5:30, rush through your dinner and hurry down to the theater to get a seat. Not really what we like to do.

Don't get me wrong I am a big Princess fan and love their food. But the theater situation seems to be a problem on almost all of their ships. Our third option is simple -- skip the show, which is probably pretty much like a hundred other shows we have seen in our cruises.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html