View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

OMGoodness, Donna, I was on that same cruise. We were on Baja Deck, all the way in the stern. 3/11 was my bd and as we had a great time celebrating on the Crown Princess in Jan for hub's bd, decided to do the same for me!

We tended to eat each night in the specialty restaurants (we had reservations each evening in Sabatini's but the last three nights went to the Crown Grill instead) so perhaps our paths did not meet. --I found myself looking at your photos to see if I was in any of them. I will look thru mine to see if you are in any and forward to you.

Didn't you just love Sasha and "Yo" Adrien in Crooners? Our waiter in Sabatini's was Marian who was extremely professional and very personable. Ali Baba, our waiter in CG, kept us in stitches very night. Our cabin steward, Marianna, was superb but could not be bribed to come home with us.

I found the ship lovely, even prettier (although they are both the same configuration) decore wise than the Crown.

We tended not to go to any shows in the evening, but did enjoy shore excursions in StTom, StMaarten, and GT and on sea days, I participated in many shipboard activities. Cruise staff were excellent and I played the all-week Scavenger Hunt wherein one had to get signatures from all types of crew members/passengers on board, look and retrieve things from the ship, and write down things which were happening/had happened. This, in my opinion, was a great marketing PR tool as in order to play, you got very familiar with the ship, its crew, who did what/when/how, and what was going on at all times. Kuddos to Princess for it!

With the exception of one person on board (and the problem was recognized and rectified the same evening, and later followed up with two phone calls from the customer service department), I had a great time.

Thanks for sharing your comments and photos (brought back alot of memories!)