View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguana View Post
HI, I am considering HA longer cruises an was wondering if anyone has used their 'roomshare/cabinmate' program? How'd it work out? Thanks
I just read this about Holland America's "Single Partner Program" on the Cruise Mates site: "[It] works like this; for those willing to share a stateroom with another traveler of the same gender, the Line will charge each the regular per person, double occupancy rate for the stateroom." THAT'S NOT TRUE. I've been corresponding with Richard Hunt of HA who quotes the lowest price for a full ocean view cabin on June 29 on the Amsterdam as $2859 plus $157.22 taxes/fees. That's more than the per person double occupancy fare for any full ocean view category listed on HA's website or elsewhere. Hunt doesn't reveal what category he's quoting a rate for, but it's clear that HA is imposing an additional charge for participating in the "Single Partner Program." I used the program on the Volendam a few years ago, when I did pay the "regular per person double occupancy rate."