View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungirl View Post
DH & I will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary next February... We are planning on Panama Cruise... I don't see any info about these cruises. Need info... Should we do a one way or leave out of California and get off in Florida... Please someone help...
I strongly suggest that you do a full transit. The partial transit, while interesting, does not give you the full experience. On the partial transit you go through the Gatun Locks, anchor in Gatun Lake, get off for excursions and then meet the ship back at the dock in Colon.

The full transit will let you see the entire canal and it is a much more interesting and relaxing way to experience the canal.

If you do a partial transit I suggest doing the Ocean to Ocean excursion via boat and not doing the train. If you like trains it's OK but you basically are transported at 70 mph from one end of the canal to the other with a bus trip back. The boat excursion is more interesting and allows you to see the entire canal.

A Panama Canal cruise is one of the "must do" cruises for cruisers and I know you'll enjoy it and congratulations on your 40th Anniversary.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me