View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)  
Old April 5th, 2012, 04:13 PM
sptrout sptrout is offline
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 108
Default

I also agree with Mike M. "On the partial transit you go through the Gatun Locks, anchor in Gatun Lake, get off for excursions and then meet the ship back at the dock in Colon."

Exactly right, which is about 10% of the whole Canal. If at all possible, make sure you see the other 90%.
__________________
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice
Reply With Quote