View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Mike M's Avatar
Mike M Mike M is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 24,361

Originally Posted by zdgp View Post
We are planning a cruise to Alaska and Canada, and plan to take our granddaughter (age 14) with us. Her mother (our daughter) is a divorcee with sole custody of her children. It is our understanding that we will need the following documentation:

--A passport for our granddaughter.

--A notarized letter of permission from the mother.

--Proof that one parent’s permission is sufficient, such as a certified copy of the divorce decree.

Will we be safe if we have these documents with us?
As long as the decree shows that your daughter has sole custody of your granddaughter that should do it.

If sole custody was granted "after" the divorce then you will need the custody agreement.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote