View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Familiar Face

Default The meaning of bodunk!

I recently saw the word "bodunk" appear in a cruisemate email. The sentence read: "That's all bodunk!"

Being curious I checked the an online dictionery, and got the following response concerning the definition of "bodunk" from the Merriam webster dictionery. "The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above." I did and I got the word "podunk." I must say I was taken aback. A word that doesn't exist. A misspelling possibly podunk seemed to be the closest spelling I could find on the online dictionery.

I next checked what I consider a very unscholary and poor source for word definitions: the Urban Dictionery. The reason I feel this way is that the definitions are contributed by people who can then put whatever meaning on the words that they want. The definitions i got follow.

Definition 1. Defining any hick place, town, or location in rural America. Also an adjective used to describe anything shoddy and cheap.
by jaljcoki Mar 30, 2006

Definition 2. A really ****** or stupid place or thing.

That is one bodunk little town.
by Mo. Joe Apr 21, 2005

I noted that they are very dated. Does anyone know if there is an up-to-date meaning for the word bodunk.
Sponsored Links