Thread: Carnival Dream
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Admiral

Hi Aerogirl! We sailed Dream in her maiden year (I think).

I had not yet found cruisemates, so while I'm sure I've got reviews flirting around the internet, I can't point you to one!

When we sailed Dream, it was our first cruise after several years of non-cruising, and things had changed. I was pretty negative after sailing Dream (and my review probably reflected that). My issues were more with service (we had a horrible waiter) and food quality.

We sailed GOTS later that year (not a great comparison 5nt old ship to 7 nt. new ship) but it made me realize that I was probably too harsh on dream, because cruising in general had changed and it was not a reflection of Dream, per se.

Food and Service are my main two areas of judging a cruise.

We've done a few cruises since then, and in hindsight, the food was not that bad (in comparison to FOTS, GOTS and Disney Dream). The food on HAL was superior but that is to be expected.

I still think the service on Dream was poor but that was mostly due to a bad waiter.

I don't recall having any issues with crowding. When we sailed, the main complaint was the sewage smell, but we never encountered that.

Would I sail Dream again - absolutely. If you have any specific questions, I can try and answer them for you.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991