Thread: Carnival PVP
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Oakville View Post
Thom I would love to hear more about what your PVP has done for you? Would you recommend that over a generic TA?

I find, lately, that everytime I visit the carnival website, I get a phone call or email from a PVP. It's good marketing on their part, but feels a little stalkerish to me.
OK, here is what I can say. The last time I used a TA was before I retired in 2004 and that was our company TA that arranged all travel (business and personal) for us. After we moved to Florida in 2006, I called Carnival about something (I can't remember what it was; guess old age is finally creeping in). I taked to Pat Braun and found her to be most helpful. I am over 55, retired military, Florida resident and a past Carnival cruiser. She is always sure to cover all bases when we discuss cruises, and always makes sure we get the best rates. The discount categories listed above vary in pricing from day to day. Sometimes one or two are cheaper than another. She always gives all the prices and then we decide on what we want to book.

And to answer Snoozeman,as far as her sending us any goodies, she usually gets us a bottle of wine in the room on embarkation but not always. And since we are Platinum, we get the in room goodies during the cruise. In addition she calls from time to time with great deals on short notice cruises, usually leaving within the week. We haven't done one yet but may do so next year.

Since we haven't used a TA since retirement I really can't say if that would be better than using a PVP. IMHO, we have been satisfied with our PVP so that's who we use.

Didn't mean to be so long winded but I wanted to touch all our bases in the answer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it:-D

Need some cruise help?