View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Seeking travel aide for elderly traveler (departing NYC)

I am planning a trip from NYC on the Queen Mary 2, departing NYC on July 1, 2012 and returning on July 6, 2012. The itinerary is New England/Canada.

My family will be traveling with my 87 year old father, who uses a wheelchair or walker. He needs help with dressing, bathing, etc., but is independent 95% of the time. He is "sharp as a whip" and is really looking forward to this vacation.

I am looking for a CNA or someone with similar experience to accompany us on this trip. The aide would need to room directly with my father, so would ideally be a male. I expect that we would need their help for a maximum of 2 hours each day. They would have freedom to do whatever they wanted, the rest of each day. They would NOT be expected to join us during meals or during recreational activities, but would be expected to stay with my father overnight and help him with getting ready at night and in the morning.

The ideal candidate would be experienced with providing similar services to older disabled individuals, should have excellent references, and be able to depart directly from NYC. In addition to covering the cost of the cruise, daily compensation will be provided.

I haven't seen any services providing this specific kind of help, so I thought that I would take a chance and post here. Any suggestions? It didn't seem appropriate to go to a nursing agency for this kind of situation.

If you are a person who believe you might be qualified, you can email me directly (raphaekg@yahoo.com). Thanks!