View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Admiral

For me it is Regent Seven Seas Cruises. I have over 200 nights onboard since I first found then ten years ago (then known as Radisson Seven Seas Cruises). The ships are small to middling (currently 490 to 700 pax) with some of the highest passenger space ratios around (Seven Seas Mariner GRT = 49,000). On their two largest ships all cabins have a balcony. The food is fantastic with open seating so we get to choose where and with whom and when we want to eat every night. You can special order almost anything and they will attempt to satisfy you (a whole cooked goose delivered on Christmas for a family where the grandfather got to do the carving). Everything (almost) is included although I wish they didn't inlcude excursions and would just lower fare. Some excellent itineraries to the far ends of the world (although Regent doesn't have an expedition ship ). And, a great value. I usually use frequent flyer miles and hotel points so I take a credit instead of included air and hotel. I do tend to drink on cruises so free wine and alcohol are welcomed. I am also a glutton who likes my seared foie gras and caviar so I make out on the food too. Regent is not for everyone but it is the perfect fit for me and the friends I cruise with (did I say how nice the passengers generally are )

YMMV

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14