View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
My life's dream was to see Pompeii, but, after speaking to the excursion desk, decided on Herculaneum, due to the site being smaller,and easier for me to get around. If anyone in the group, has any walking issues, this could be an option. Every inch was amazing and we were walking on history, literally...I was there last May,and loved every minute of our cruise.
Hi Trip, I am glad to hear that you also found this 'gem' and rated it. Your comments about mobility are also very well made, Katrina's aunt & uncle went to Pompeii and despite both being fit found it too much (especially with no shade in the Summer heat) and came away with that negative memory rather than amazement. As you said, you are literally walking on the streets that you know the people fled along to what was the water front to try & escape - all very sad.

Alan.

Next: Queen Elizabeth December 2014
Followed by: Minerva April 2015

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(6), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey