View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The line is working with travel agents who should have all of the cabin sizes, etc.

I can tell you the cabin sizes are very similar to a regular cruise ship. We are in a deck five upper category and we have a beautiful king-size bed, a small divan, a seating chair, a small table (for my computer) and a TV. We have a vanity area with a separate sink outside the bathroom, and inside the bathroom we have a full-size tub.

The regular cabins are a little smaller with queen beds (or two singles) and just a bathroom with shower.

We just had the sunday Jazz brunch - delicious eggs benedict on crab cakes, shrip with grits, a fully baked pig (with apple in mouth), smoked brisket and tons of desserts. The Harry James orchestra played the music for the brunch.

One thing owner Christopher Kyte told me last week was that the originlly planned 60's music cruises (Paul Revere & the Raiders) did not seem to move the needle, so it seems unlikely tht kind of approach will continue - not at this luxury price point. More likely they will stick more to big bands.

We are now on the Ohio River, which has several locks and