View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:09 AM

I'm not expecting someting for nothing, hell I've been on this planet for over 65 years.

What I am sayng is that when I last cruised in 09, Verizon did not charge roaming charges for the Caribbean. Of course calls themselves were expensive unless one restricted themselves to I believe it was in port at St Thomas and San Juan at both points the calls themselves being reasonably priced.

When I purchased me new phone I knew I had to set up a package before I sailed so several weeks before the Epic voyage, I called Verizon and specifically asked for the "Caribbean Package" because I wouldn't have to pay astronomical roaming charges. The rep, a female, said, "Fine!" Turns out though that there is no such thing anymore as a "Caribbean Package" that includes no roaming fees.

That is my complaint, not the cost of the phone calls. As I pointed out in my original post, even the rep I recently talked to thought it reprehensible that she didn't tell me such a package was no longer available when she originally spoke with me.
NCL Epic 2012, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean