View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Captain

Default Hollywood revival Nick and Nora

Revival seems to be the word in Hollywood. Just as Sherlock Holmes was a revival, I see that a Nick and Nora Charles film is planned which is based on the characters in a film adaptation of The Thin Man . Nick Charles was portrayed by William Powell. Nora was portrayed by Myrna Loy. The on-screen chemistry between Powell and Loy, who often improvised on the set, was key to the wild success of the series and quickly became a defining feature of the characters. The films revolutionized the screen portrayal of marriage - previously earnest, virtuous, and staid - invigorating it with youth, irreverence, and sex appeal. Taking their cue from Hammett's humorous dialogue and comedy of manners elements, the movies moved even further from the traditional hard-boiled approach. The dog Asta - an integral character in the movies was a male wire fox terrier. In my opinion, in order for the next production of the Nick and Nora movie to be a success, they are going to have to find characters who acted as well as William Powell and Myrna Loy did.

I see that there is a Nick and Nora's Steakhouse on the Carnival Miracle. I was wondering what cruisemates thought of it.
Sponsored Links