View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Mark...

We were kidding around with FDR about new ship. If you recall whn he announced the first new shio at the 2005 Seatrade he said something like :two is nice but greta packages come in threes" - so he hinted there would be a thrid Oceania ship...

But as well all know the option for he third ship was canceled, so when i jut asked he said :It is very likely he next new shio will be for Regent, but he didn;t have a tie frame.

Ship builds are very complicated agreements involving getting a shipyard with open time - negotiating the changes and any price, and then getting financing.

Hi didn't say, but I got the impression he would be looking at it much more seriously as soon as they get some visiility into 2013. If I were shipbuilder I would want to know where the eonomy is going, how Europe is doing, et. Look at the recent election in France - that coul affect the STX shipyard in Nantes a great deal, in either a good or a bad way for the cruise lines.

But I got the impression they would be making a decision early next year.