View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:20 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Alaska here I come! (27year old + 30year old)

Holland America - Oosterdam (roundtrip Seattle) Sept 16-23
Norwegian Cruise Line - Norwegian Pearl (Seattle to Vancouver) Sept 16-23
Princess Cruises - Star Princess (roundtrip Seattle) Sept 16-23

My husband and I are going on a cruise for his 30th birthday, we are going to Alaska, hooray! Neither of us have ever been there. Has anyone been on any of these ships or up to Alaska during September? Any advice? What is the age group that tends to be on those cruises? I'm hoping that we can avoid the families and screaming kids for the most part, and ideally find some other couples around our age (or up to about 45) that we could make friends with and hang out.

Has anyone had a suite vs a balcony? Was it worth the price difference? I'll check back tomorrow and pray someone knows I'm really looking forward to this trip and definitely want to be able to get the best bang for my buck. Oh, and we are debating between the three because they are different cruise lines, and one goes to Glacier Bay, the other to Tracy Fjord, which is more "ice" laden in september, either? Or whales/other animals are in the area too. Basically any awesome information you can bestow upon me. I've googled until my fingers bled and am still kind of iffy.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links