View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

[QUOTE=buttons16;1430246]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post

To let you in on what I ment:
I was only comparing his statement of why would he visit Alaska when he lives so close to it....I made a general statement as to anyone who does'nt like cold weather should still visit Alaska...hope that explains my statement. If not I will try to give you another example.
No, you called the reason "ridiculous and irrelevant". That is what YOU said. That might be your opinion, but that's all it is. That doesn't make you right or qualified to toss out a value judgement with the termonology your chose.

Fact is the majority of people have limited vacation time. And many chose to use that time to visit warmer climates, and have no interest in visiting Alaska. It certainly does not make them wrong.

Alaska is a beautiful state, and well worth a visit. I've been several times, but I personally wouldn't rush back, as there's many places which I'm sure are beautiful and interesting that I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit.

Just as I no longer rush back to the Caribbean. Have sailed through most of the islands many times now, so I look for some more interesting itineraries.

BTW.. if you looked at Trackypup's "location" on his posts. He's from Vancouver, BC... that's British Columbia, Canada. That is in fact south western Canada.

And as "Tracky" stated, a beautiful province, and within that province, in close proximity to Vancouver, a very similalr topography to Alaska, with mountains, glaciers, lakes, etc. You should really try and visit some time.