View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Exclamation Independent vs. ship's excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelerLR
I have decided if I ever go on a cruise again, I will book through the ship. Although it might be more expensive, at least you get to go on the tour and have those memories instead of a memory of getting ripped off. Or at the very least, read about some of the independent tours people have taken and posted about here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
OMG, so sorry to hear about your tour and your loss of the expierence and the $....WE've used Capt. Larry a few times and never a problem, their office is right in town, walking distance from the pier....You can find them online, Orka Enterprise, inc.....

Are you planning another Alaska cruise in the future?
As has been pointed out many times, when you book an independent excursion you are assuming all the risks. We like independent excursions, and book them often. But when you travel, stuff happens. I am sorry that you had a bad experience.

Capt. Larry does indeed have an excellent reputation, although like any operator he has had a few complaints on the boards, too. Donna it is Orca Enterprises, not Orka, for those who want to Google it.

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html