View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2012, 01:02 PM

Docking in Venice, I understand it is still the scenic way-but I have no idea what that is called. Plans-let see Naples- Pompeii, Pompeii museum and pizza. Rome-is a 10 hour tour that includes the Forum, coliseum, Trevi fountain and Vatican plus an authentic Italian lunch. Livornio-we go to the Leaning tower of Pisa in the morning and in the afternoon a Tuscan winery. Venice we do on our own. We bought that Rick Steives Med travel book and he recommended buying a 24 water bus pass to ride all over-which we will do-but we also will do a gondola ride and go to an old Palace (and a Venetian glass factory? I think). Kotor and Split we will do on our own and go to another famous palace at one but I forget the name. From Toulon we go to an old town called Aix.

Especially for Venice, Kotor and Split-let me know if thee is something we have overlooked. The other places we have booked tours which will keep us busy. We will be in Venice overnight.
Equal opportunity cruiser since 1998-4 Carnival, 4 RCI, 3 HAL, 3 Princess, 5 Celebrity, 3 NCL, 1 Disney

I have now achieved-
146 days total