View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Docking in Venice, I understand it is still the scenic way-but I have no idea what that is called. Plans-let see Naples- Pompeii, Pompeii museum and pizza. Rome-is a 10 hour tour that includes the Forum, coliseum, Trevi fountain and Vatican plus an authentic Italian lunch. Livornio-we go to the Leaning tower of Pisa in the morning and in the afternoon a Tuscan winery. Venice we do on our own. We bought that Rick Steives Med travel book and he recommended buying a 24 water bus pass to ride all over-which we will do-but we also will do a gondola ride and go to an old Palace (and a Venetian glass factory? I think). Kotor and Split we will do on our own and go to another famous palace at one but I forget the name. From Toulon we go to an old town called Aix.

Especially for Venice, Kotor and Split-let me know if thee is something we have overlooked. The other places we have booked tours which will keep us busy. We will be in Venice overnight.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
146 days total