View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Exclamation Most disappointing cruise ever!

Just returned from a 7 day on the Carnival Liberty and it was the most disappointing cruise ever. Granted, it was only our third cruise but I won't be booking another anytime soon. The food was terrible, not even worth going to the dining room. We actually ate twice at the steakhouse because the food was so bad elsewhere. This was our third Carnival cruise and the past two were fantastic--so much so that we were in the middle of planning another with both my sisters and their families, who have never cruised before. We had been bragging about how great the cruises were and now I can no longer say that. We are making plans to vacation together but no Carnival cruise! Not only was the food horrible, but the service was pretty awful, too. The only friendly "workers" on the ship were the stewards that cleaned the staterooms. It took forever to get served in the dining room. Our glasses remained empty repeatedly and when we requested a refill, it could take up to thirty minutes. These were not alcoholic drinks--just a glass of water! The quality of the food was nothing close to what we had experienced in the past. Granted, in the past we booked suites, which we thought we had done this time. When we arrived, the room was a balcony and not a suite. There are two dining rooms on the ship--the gold and the silver. We were assigned to the silver. We did peek in on the gold and there seemed to be a huge difference in the quality of the wait staff but we do not know about the food. Many times the waiter messed up our orders and we did not get what we ordered. They did immediately offer to correct the mistakes, but after already waiting for 45 minutes to get our food, we were less than thrilled to start over. Normally, we are not ready for our cruise to be over but we could not wait for this one to be over. It was not the usual relaxing, pampered atmosphere. Again, I am highly disappointed with the cruise and hesitate to take another with this cruise line.
Sponsored Links