View Single Post
Old June 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
First Mate

Buttons,

Oh, don't be giving these cruise lines new ideas for charges..In 6 mos, we'll be seeing them on our bills!! I just hate being nickled and dimed to death!! I also agree that auto charging for the tipping seems..Just inappropriate. In fact, the first time it happened to me, I was unaware that they were going to do it!! Did not realize until I checked my bill and inquired. I was a bit put off by it since I had only gone to the MDR twice on that cruise. I realize the tips are also for the stewards, etc..But I had already given out all my tips before realizing I had been charged for them already!! So I got double dipped...I did not know I could request to have them removed either.

Like you, I see them starting to add little charges..Here, there and everywhere for every little thing..Some people may get tired of it eventually and stop cruising certain lines because of it. Honestly, I feel certain lines have intentionally made their MDR and buffet food below par in order to force folks to pay extra for their other restaurant offerings. I mean, we have no other choices for food..If we want something decent..We have NO CHOICE but to pay the extra money for it. Let's face it folks, they can afford to offer us a decent steak once a week rather than serving us Luby's cafeteria food and charging extra to go to the steakhouse..It sucks that I feel they have intentionally made the food "no so great" so that we'll pay more for their "optional" restaurants. Optional my eye!! $35-$50 pp extra for a meal is not a lot to some..But for the working class guy, it probably is. If he has to come up with that every night for a decent meal for his wife..Ugh.

In sum, I feel that all but the most expensive cruise lines have really let most of their food offerings go by the wayside..Getting worse and worse every year (based on many reviews, not just my own subjective opinion..look around). We're paying for a cruise..For many, half of that experience is of tasting new delights - not getting cafeteria tasting food, waiting 45 minutes for a refill on iced tea in the MDR..ETC. I realize they are all out to make a profit, but they may wind up cutting their own noses off their faces out of sheer greed!!

Just my 2 cents.

CarnivalTriumph

Last edited by snorklr45; June 3rd, 2012 at 08:50 PM.