Thread: Tuesday Morning
View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayb View Post
Mike: Get a scooter like I have. I cannot walk more than 100 feet. That is due to my age. So for you go to the scooter store and they will sell you one for about $700. If you are on Medicare then its free. All you need is a doctor's prescription.

I am taking my scooter every where I go. It comes apart and fits in a car trunk.
Guys:

Don't worry about it. I'm far from needing a scooter and the problems aren't that bad. Heck, they are pretty minimal compared to what they were. I actually have little to complain about. The swelling is more of a "inconvenience" and a nuisance than a problem. The swelling goes down in about 1/2 hour and I'm fine. Actually, the problem is probably because I haven't been working the knee hard enough. I still have the "wiring" around the knee cap and that can definitely be a culprit in my problem. I won't be able to get that taken out before the Europe trip but will have it removed when I get back. I haven't been doing the weight training I should be and my exercises are walking and yard work. I still do the PT regimen I was given but it is way too easy to do now.

It's going to be a while before I need a scooter because of the knee. Ray: I'm actually walking a lot better than the last time you saw me.

I just got off the phone with an ortho that was recommended by a friend. I will see him next Monday. There probably isn't nothing he can do at this time but I just want to make sure I'm OK for the time we're in Europe.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me