View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Familiar Face

It's not lack of money that makes many people poor...its a lack of respect - both from others aswell as from themselves, its a lack of direction, its a lack of feeling wanted by those around you...and in many cases its also down to basic upbringing that can make someone "poor".

In my travels to various parts of the world, I have seen really shocking levels of poverty...financial poverty, that is....butin those same places, I have seen smiles and heard laughter from the most simple of things.

Not so long ago, every country was reasonably pleased with what they had.....nowadays, we have become materialistic, financial institutions have handed out credit as if it were confetti at a wedding......and as a result, we are paying for it now.

But bottom line, money is not what should make you happy......you can be poor financially but you can also be poor through basic lack of love, respect and esteem.

The UK has been treated as a haven for those wanting to better their lives for decades, the misguided idea that we are a rich nation....they soon come back to earth with a bump when they try to run a car when petrol is close to $11 a gallon!

Costa Pacifica - Dec 2012
Costa Favolosa - June 2013
Costa Deliziosa - Dec 2013

Past :

1965 - Cunard Queen Mary, 1967 - Cunard Queen Elizabeth, 1970 - Cunard Queen Elizabeth 2, 1971 - P&O Oriana, 1972 - SS France, 1975 - SS Leopard, 1977 - P&O Canberra, 2005 - NCL Jewel, 2005/6 - NCL Crown, 2006 - FOCL Braemar, 2007 - FOCL Braemar, 2007 - FOCL Braemar, 2007 - NCL Gem, 2008 - Costa Allegra, 2010 - Costa Allegra 34 Day B2B, 2011 - Costa Victoria, 2012 - Costa Classica