View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Magic = No Magic for us !!!

This was my 8th cruise with Carnival. I have always been very happy and amazed at the wonder of cruising. This trip was not GREAT!!
Beautiful ship, but too many changes.
The menu was drab and food not as good as before.
The entertainment was not good at all. Cheap and not the VEGAS style as before.
The Captains party was boring and you had to BUY your drink and others were $1 off.
We had convinced another couple to come with us and they were disappointed as well.
WE never saw the Cruise Director unless there was a scheduled event and she was only there for a few minutes. The Cruise Director has always been very accessible during the other cruises.
YOU must buy the sea sickness pills at $3.49 for 4 pills. They used to be free. I can buy dramamine cheaper than that.
The Piano bar had a guitar player there for the first 4 nights. Then we were told the piano player was sick and would be back- again, poor entertainment.
There was a supposed "burlesque" show, that appeared to be thrown together, and not rehearsed.
The comedians were fair. Only one, Mutsie, he was good and not foul mouthed. Funny and improvised with everyone.
The Just June was same ole, same ole. Using the F word too often. Sometimes is appropriate, sometimes, just worthless.
The cowboy - was fighting with a audience member and not performing a show. F this and F you is not a show.
The worst part was wanting to complete the sky course- obstacle course as advertised. We got there at 5pm and they were closing. The times were not posted there, in small print in the FUN TIMES. VERy disappointing, The very last day at sea, we had waited to do this and they could not let us. There reasoning is they had been there from 9am and wanted to close at 5pm.

I cannot believe I feel so negative, this in not how I am.
I LOVE cruising and I am very disappointed, $2000 + wasted.
Thanks for listening,

The two wonderful things were the Itallian Dinner Restaurant and the new way to find your pictures. You use your sail and sign card. The Steak house was good also. Surf and Turf is the best.

I guess I will have to go back to the Conquest, my favorite old ship.

Elation 2003
Celebration 2004
Conquest 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2008
Conquest 2009
Conquest 2010
Magic 2012
Magic 2013
Elation 2014
Magic 2014

Last edited by NancyB; June 6th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Sponsored Links