View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Banned
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin98765 View Post
Ive booked our cruise to Alaska w obstructed balcony, to be assigned, on Carnival Spirit. For $340 more we can get an unobstructed balcony, assigned room. However, we do want to do a couple of excursions, we're a middle aged, very active couple. But we do want to enjoy the views from our room too. Do room service during the Glacier. Is it worth it to upgrade at that price?
The most important issue here is this :

How many times do you think you will get to go back to Alaska, maybe many and maybe never...

If $340 will break you' then honestly you picked too expensive of a cruise to do. If you having a good time balances on $340 then cancel the cruise.

I hate to bring this up to you but better now then a surprise later...I did an Alaskan cruise and I can tell you that alot of the excursions are wonderfull...zodiac ride, train ride into a gold rush town, a helicopter tour which is fantastic but I must tell you that the excursions are rather expensive...many are hundreds of dollars apiece...

All in all get the unobstructed view...if I had to get a obstructed view I would settle for a outside cabin...IMHO a unblocked view of Alaska in an outside cabin is better then a blocked view from a veranda.