View Single Post
  #12 (permalink)  
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:54 PM
cruisissimo cruisissimo is offline
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Glen Mills, PA
Posts: 7
Default proper documentation

All non US citizen must have a valid passport to travel. The passport requirement does NOT apply to U.S. citizens traveling to or returning directly from a U.S. territory. Homeland Security Dept is the institution that checks the documents on embarkation. It is always good to have passport, but if you don't and you are US citizen - you need original birth certificate (or certified copy) and Government issued photo ID (as a Driver License). The name on the reservation should match the name on the Driver License. Passengers under age 16 travel with original Birth Certificate. Passengers at age 16-18 need original Birth Certificate and School (photo) ID. Double check with the Cruise line and airline if they need additional documents. Guests who fail to provide the cruise line with proper proof of citizenship and photo ID will be denied boarding and will not receive a refund. The website that gives you detailed information about travel documentaion is Welcome to Travel.State.Gov
Reply With Quote