View Single Post
Old June 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
Banned
Captain

When you book a cruise and pay a deposit the final price of the cruise can escalate due to the volatility of oil prices prior to you paying the cruise in full....but most travel agents wont tell you this, some do...However with the price of oil plunging and some experts have speculated that oil will drop below $40 a barrel I don't see the price increase as a problem.

however I paid in full my cruise on Crystal in December.

Here is some fine print on a Celebrity statement :
in very small print it states - Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to impose a fuel supplement on all guests if the price of West Texas intermediate fuel exceeds $65.00 per barrel. The fuel supplement for 1st and 2nd guests would be no more then $10 per guest per day to a max of $140 per cruise; and for additional guests would be no more then $5 per person per day to a max of $70.
Which in my book adds up to a possible $280 for a family of 4.

I dropped the fuel charge on all customers from a high of $2.00 per trip (if a family of 2 in car price is still $2.00)to $1.00 per trip. If fuel in my area drops below $2.75 a gallon then the extra fuel surcharge oon customers would be dropped...all customers are informed of the surcharge prior to dispathing a car to their pick up point even though we are not required to tell them over the phone...all that is required is to display the fee in a noticable place in the car...we have it in bold red lettering.