Hi, my family of 4 are going on a carnival cruise soon to jamaica. I have saved $$$ for us to try the excursion to mystical mountain. Due to the harrassment of locals I think it best to book through the cruise ship. My concern is... if for some reason the ship doesn't dock that day or the excursion is cancelled due to weather and I have already pre-booked this excursion will i get my $ back? I really do not want credit applied to our onboard ship account or another excursion. Will I be too late if I wait closer to the date to book so I can find out the forecast? Our cruise is 4 weeks away.
Also we are driving to Miami, spending the night and boarding the ship the next morning. My husband is having a terrible time finding a place to stay that doesn't charge so much to leave our car. They have a one way shuttle to the ship.
This is only our second cruise and I hear Miami is a nightmare.