View Single Post
  #5 (permalink)  
Old June 27th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Bruce Chafkin1 Bruce Chafkin1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ibiza / Japan
Posts: 619

The Cruise Lines collect only Federal Income Tax from US Citizens working on ships.
US Citizens are required to submit a W-4 form to the cruise line every year.
No Social Security or other fees are collected.

However, if your primary residence is outside the USA, you are tax free for the first $92,000 in earnings every year.
Reply With Quote