View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR View Post
Before this morning I would have said sure, be glad to share. But now that I've been informed that I know nothing I'm a little hesitant. Still, if you're willing to roll those dice, I'd be glad to chat about it. Send me a PM with your e-mail, because I think it'd be better to take it offline, away from this stuff.

On our last crossing a couple months ago I suggested at the CC party that I'd be happy to arrange an informal get-together for anyone interested in family history research, since I was on my way to Guernsey to continue with mine. I included the caveat that I'm a relative rookie at this, but that I'd be glad to be a convener. To my surprise, eight or nine people from the group showed up, including a true black belt researcher, and we had a terrific session that lasted about an hour and a half.

I did a similar group for Sherlock Holmes fans with about the same results. Really fun.
That would be a blast I love research and skip tracing. I like to find what other people don't think can be found. Important aspect of my job. I sent you a PM with my e-mail. They gave DNA databases now. You can submit your data and it someone in the database matches it will link you. There is a Portuguese (Madeira Island) website for DNA matches. It's interesting because they list the surnames they are interesting i finding. I have three of the surnames in my family tree on both sides. I got a lot of ties to that little island.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994