View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:52 PM
Jason Leppert

Default Rock of Ages on Norwegian Breakaway

Rock of Ages on Norwegian Breakaway
by Paul Motter

The hit Broadway show Rock of Ages has a new home on the high seas - Norwegian Breakaway coming April, 2013.

When it comes to selecting talent for its cruise ships, Norwegian Cruise Line gets my vote as one of the best. The line brought Second City, the famous Chicago-based comedy troupe, aboard all its ships back in 2006, and that was just the start of the line's affiliation with proven land-based entertainment production companies. I have a lot of respect for this unique tactical approach to cruise ship entertainment. I think it is much better than the "developed in house" entertainment offered by most cruise lines.

Norwegian's most recently introduced ship, Norwegian Epic, brought cruise entertainment to a new standard by bringing in one of the world's most highly rated performance art shows, Blue Man Group. For the first time ever a cruise line built a purpose-dedicated theater for one show, and took the extra measures to present the full original show in its entire original format. Even better, it is free to the guests onboard, when on land in New York or Las Vegas the same show has a ticket price of close to $100 per person.

Read more: Rock of Ages on Norwegian Breakaway

What do you think about the entertainment offerings onboard the Norwegian Breakaway?
Sponsored Links