View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Post First post and First cruise - Carnival Conquest (7/8/12)

Hello all,

I've been reading the forums for quite some time and really appreciate the fact that, for the most part, everybody seems helpful and friendly.

My partner and I are celebrating our one-year anniversary of being civil unioned (not intending to start political debates here, just being honest) on the 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Conquest that departs New Orleans on Sunday.

We've been together for 11 years now and took advantage of making it official the first year Illinois allowed civil unions. I booked us a junior suite a year in advance of the cruise (our anniversary is 7/9/11, close enough) and we are taking the train down to NOLA.

Reading everybody's posts makes me a bit envious of all the great adventures that people have had either with loved ones, friends, family or all three.

That's kind of my hopes for this trip - to have a great adventure. To have an experience worth remembering (in a good way) is what we all strive for, isn't it?

Never before in my life have I sat down and said, specifically, "I want to have a good vacation." before this trip. I know I've substituted "want" for "hope" or "would like" in the past, but given the nature of our situation, this is something I want for us.

I've tried to do as much research as I can. I've looked at deck plans, excursion schedules, photos of the suite, checked weather reports, local customs in Jamaica, Mexico and Grand Cayman.

I hope to meet some experienced cruisers on this trip and make a few new friends. After all, great people are shaped by the experiences they have and by the people they experience them with.

- Pete
Future Cruiser, Carnival Conquest
Sponsored Links