View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Everybody is so friendly, it's awesome

I wish I had an elegant proposal story, but I don't. If you've been with someone for 10 years already, it's pretty much a formality. We were on our way to Wal-Mart to get groceries and I turned to him and asked "Honey, do you want to get married?"

"Sure"

"Ok, let's get married."

That's it, lol. But I'm getting off track. To answer the train question, it will take 14 hours, according to Amtrak. I know some people will look at that and say ugh, but considering it leaves at 1:30 in the morning, I figure we'll be asleep for most of it.

It would have been a nine-hour drive, which is deceptive because there's few people I know that can drive nine hours without some kind of break. Add in the cost of gasoline, meals and parking fees and it just wasn't worth it to drive IMO.

The return train leaves at 1:45 p.m. the Sunday we get back, with the Conquest scheduled to dock at 8 a.m. that morning. I figure that's plenty of time to disembark and get a taxi to the train station.

It's nice to have such a great forum and community to ask questions, I'm sure I'll have more the closer we get to Saturday.