View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Familiar Face

Hey thanks one and all for inputs. I don't know when I will get to New Orleans which seems to be the heart of Voodoo activity in the USA. I will continue to search out activities in the Carribean and report if I do find a safe tour. I am a little concerned that safety has to be a primary concern.

I saw this lead for a tour in New Orleans.
Take a stroll into New Orleans’ legendary St. Louis Cemetery #1 to see historic voodoo tombs and the burial places of the city’s residents, famous and infamous alike. Uncover the mysterious world of New Orleans oldest active City of the Dead!
Highlights:

Visit the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, the 2nd most visited tomb in the country!

Learn why the dead are buried above ground as you stroll through St. Louis Cemetery #1,
Availability:
When do you want to go? Select a date
Product & Pricing Options

Standard Option

Live guide: English

Duration: 2 hours

Starts at meeting point (More details, Show on map)
from US$ 20.00
(per person) Check availability

This 2- hour walking tour takes you on a trip within the walls of New Orleans’ oldest and most interesting burial ground, St. Louis Cemetery #1. In the company of a local guide, you will stroll through the ancient maze of above-ground tombs and learn about fascinating burial practices.

Meeting at Rev. Zombies Voodoo Shop in the French Quarter, you will walk to the cemetery to explore curiosities and hear tales of city characters, such as Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, whose tomb is the 2nd most visited burial site in America.

You will see the final resting place of many of New Orleans’ most notable celebrities on an excursion that is as educational as it is fun. Recommended by Travel Channel, A&E and the History Channel, you will learn the history of voodoo and its connection to the French Quarter on a journey back through time.
Included:

• An amazing tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1, New Orleans oldest active City of the Dead.
• Visit to the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau (the 2nd most visited tomb in the country!)

I was sort of hoping they might have a Voodoo priest or priestess leading the tour.