View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Welcome Viking Ocean Cruises

Welcome Viking Ocean Cruises

The new luxury cruise line now has financing in place to build two or three new ships.

inside a viking river cruise ship
There is about to be a new entrant into the luxury cruise sector- Viking Ocean Cruises. The company just inked a deal with the Fincantieri, the Italian shipyard, to build two cruise ships scheduled to be delivered in 2015 and 2016. The ships will each be 47,000-gross tons and have capacity for 944 passengers in 472 staterooms.

There is even an option for a third vessel. The key component sealing the deal was securing the financing - an area where the shipyards are now often instrumental in a similar way that car lots get you a loan to buy a car. In this case the money came from the Italian government-sponsored program Export Banca - created to support the making of Italian exports.

Viking Ocean may be a new cruise line, but the people behind it are no strangers to the luxury cruise business. The principals include Torstein Hagen, the current CEO of Viking River Cruises who was also a past CEO of Royal Viking Line - the cruise line that is generally credited with having created the concept of luxury cruise ships starting as far back as 1972.

Read more: Welcome Viking Ocean Cruises

Sponsored Links