Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
With so many new Carnival devotees, as part of CruiseMates now, I would like to ask a question, which we have bandied about for years now, booking with Carnival, or booking with a travel agent.

It seems to me, there is no other cruise line, that has more people booking directly,and I wonder why the draw?

What does the cruise line give you, that a good travel agent wouldn't do for you, and more? Being an advocate for any issue that might arise, vs, in many cases, just an order taker, that sometimes has never cruised. I asked that question of one years ago,and was surprised to hear she had never cruised.

So, always with Carnival...always a TA, or either or....
My first cruise I booked online thru SMARTCRUISER and to tell the truth it was a bumpy ride yes I got an awesome discount,but yes theres a but,I never seemed to get the same rep even calling their extension,and got different answers to the same questions and they coud have been a little more polite.I finally stumbled on Joe he was great took care of everthig then about 3 months b4 cruise coincidentally after I made final payment call in to ask a question and no time and no returned calls. When I started planning my next cruise I started with them but by this time no discounts so rather than put up with them I called Carnival direct and they were great,so on and so on.Now I just go thru the search engine shopping around till I see something I like at a price I like and then call and book telling them which cabin I want(I do thisway because I don't like to put my CC info on computer.)I also think that the people at Crnival will be nicer and easier to work with because it is a direct line t corp vs TA don't seem to care as much.