View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
This post is not directly cruise related, but it is a reminder that if at all possible it is best to fly in to your port of embarkation at least a day early.

Two weeks ago I flew to Austin and back, two flights each way. Three out of four flights were delayed. The only one that was not delayed was the first flight out of the day. The last leg I took a bump - it was going to get home well after midnight with the time that flight was going to leave anyway.

Last week I flew to Austin and back, two flights each way. Three out of four flights were delayed. The only one that was not delayed was the one I missed stranding me in DC.

This week I will fly to Austin and back, two flights each way. What do you want to bet that I will be there and get home on the scheduled times.
I would suggest that you somehow make sure this message is delivered in the first time cruiser section of this blog. They probably need this reminder than a lot of experienced travelers. But your advice is good for all cruisemates.