View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
Right now I am in Lezno, Poland. For this trip and previous trips I purchased an International Data Plan from Verizon. The cost is $25/100 MB. I have gone through 100MB and have used 26 MB of the second 100 MB increment.

By the time I get home I am guessing that my data cost, from Verizon, for my phone will be around $75 for eight weeks. If I did not sign up for this plan my cost would be over $1,000. I check my usage and charges every few days.

If you have International Calling your "Anytime Minutes" or monthly allowance IS NOT DEDUCTED. You are charged .99/minute to $2.99/minute, depending on country, for voice calls. You are also charged, on Verizon, .50 for outgoing texts and .05 for incoming.

I am expecting a total bill of around $400 for eight weeks in Europe. This includes my normal allocation for three phones, 2000 minutes, unlimited domestic texts and domestic data. The International charge will be about $250 of the $400. The voice calls are what cost the most.

This is for Verizon only. Other providers may, and probably will, have different rates and plans.

On the ship you are charged $2.49/minute, for voice calls, no matter what plan you have but data was covered under the International Data Plan while on the ship.

Take care,
Mike
So that's why you havent been calling me
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/