View Single Post
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

I wouldn't call security for a whiff of weed. Weed made my dads final days livable and helped keep him eating. Even as a recreational drug it's better then alcohol. I grew up in a alcoholic houshold. I used to leave for days at a time to stay with my pothead friends because they were not screaming at each other.
I kinda treat my neighbors on a cruise like I would my neighbors at home.
If they stink the place out I tell them they are blowing it. Security will find them on their own but I don't call anybobdy untill I have beem unable to get a peacfull resolution on my own.
I can see why a cruise wouldnt want to have weed on board. International rules are what they are and they have to operate under those conditions.

That means potheads need to practice discretion or risk going to jail.

I will never be convinced ending prohibition will create more criminals. Those people who operate within the law don't suddenly become outlaws because a law become more relaxed.
If you claim it is a fact, state your source. If I were to make a bold claim in an argument paper I had better be able to state a reputable source. Otherwise it is just conjecture.

Even if laws are more ralaxed here they may not change at our destination ports. Getting locked up in some armpit jail can't be a good vacation.