View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Familiar Face

Default I too want to do this cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
Hi solo funseekers !

I'm still dreaming about this trip. I may book with a hosted singles group. One sails this ship in Nov 2013 and another one March 2014, but I'd still like to find a room mate who wants to stay several extra days on the islands before and/ or after the cruise. If you are interested, I'd like to maybe do a 4 or 5 night cruise first, or just meet on land somewhere, to see how we get along after chatting about this.

Edwin
Hi Edwin,

I have been wanting to do the all Hawai'i cruise since I sailed the Pride of Aloha for 11 nights in Hawai'i back in 2007 (that sailing is no longer available, and the ship is now NCL Sky ...see below).

It is very expensive for solo, and NCL always charges solos two double occupancy fares. But sailing all the islands w/o having to go to different hotels is definitely the way to go. And each island is different. I absolutely loved it. And they don't call it the rainbow state for no reason -- I saw rainbows every day.

I would be very interested in the singles cruises you mentioned, and your reasoning that there would be other singles too is good. Especially the March 2014 sailing ...if you can wait that long. Whales are mating in the Hawai'ian waters during Feb and March, so that's a great time to go.

I too don't care if the ship and personnel are great ...I loved Pride of Aloha, but many others gripped all the time. Sailing in Hawai'i is wonderful, and you make the cruise what you make it.

I just posted a "looking for a companion" post for a short NCL Sky (prior Pride of Aloha) 4nt out of Miami and/or a hotel the night before and after in Miami (South Beach). Take a look at it, to see more about how I think. And maybe you'd like to join me (for the cruise and/or for one or both nights in the hotel)? Remember, one can get a discount for future cruises when one books while on a current cruise.

My NCL Sky post:
NCL Sky Oct 29 2012 already booked

Definitely would like to consider the Hawai'i cruise.

I'm older but not ancient, and still get around fine. I rode a bike down a volcano mountain in Hawai'i in pouring rain ...loved every minute of it!

I'd be happy to do some days before or after too in Hawai'i.

Can't Forget
X Summit-Infinity / Sapphire Princess / Carnival Elation-Splendor-Pride / RCI Serenade-Voyager-Radiance / NCL Pride of Aloha

Last edited by cruisinryan; August 2nd, 2012 at 06:32 PM.