View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlissa View Post
Ok I've got to ask for those of you who have such negative feelings about MoBay when was the last time y'all were there? We were there in Oct, Mar, May, and July and have never experienced anything like y'all have described and have never done a ships excursion.

Were these incidents recent? I mean don't get me wrong, we were offered weed but a simple "no" settled that issued and we went on about our business. Other than that no problems and that wasn't a problem for us because we said no.

I'm just curious if these things happened years ago or recently?
We have been there many times, but the last time was last year.

I do not appreciate being tracked like an animal when trying to walk about the stores right there at the ship....and then being spat at when I ignore them.

On that cruise, there were 2 sisters in their 70's. They were telling me what they had planned and I felt ok when they said they were on a ship tour....since they had never traveled.

They stepped off the bus at one shopping opportunity and as they stepped off the bus....one vendor physically grabbed one sister and another vendor physically grabbed the other sister and started pulling them in opposite directions.

One of the just caught herself from falling (which at that age could have easily broken a hip).... they both broke free and immediately got back on the bus.

There is simply no excuse at all for physically grabbing someone....period.

Montego Bay (specifically) and Jamaica in general has a nasty reputation and they did not earn that from just a few folks offering tourists weed.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND