Thread: Aurora
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Admiral

It's interesting. . .

When I started this string it was about condolences and support for the people hurt by the theater shooting in Colorado. By the second or third reply it had swung to gun issues. This is not bad or wrong--I participated in that discussion as well. But in looking back I find it a little sad that while the people here will post memories and condolences by the dozen for good people like Andy Griffith and Ernest Borgnine, each of whom lived wonderful, long lives and died of natural causes, they didn't have much to say about Aurora. I'm not saying that these gentlemen didn't deserve tributes, but the Aurora situation is far more tragic given the ages of the victims and the violence involved. And yet the silence was deafening in comparison.

And now, before this string even falls off the first page, we have another massacre in Wisconsin, again accomplished with one or more of those weapons that's "just a gun, neither good nor bad." But terribly convenient.

My thoughts are with those good people in suburban Milwaukee today, and I hope yours are too, even if you don't say so.