View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneytaylor View Post
I have move from been a banker to a teacher to now the owner of my own Independent Tours **commercial link edited** and i must say with a family and parents to look after, this business has become my life. I wouldn't want to dear get a bad rep... So day in and out i try to make my guests comfortable, safe and have as much fun when they come to my island. I have done promotion on Facebook where real people leaves their feedback after taking a tour with us. If you google 'courtney taylor tours jamaica', you will see numerous amount of search result pops up. On cruise critics i have over 200 reviews and thousands of views... I have been kept busy year round for the last couple of years and this is my 9th year doing this.

As Independent operators we are license to a bigger tour company, hence there are days when we are called for work from the ship but this sometimes take for ever and it would be hard to serve this long with out work. Therefore what i am saying we are the same guys that take visitors whether you book through the ship or not. I for one just decided to start my own because i had the knowledge to do so.
Hello!
Booking a shore excursion from a local agent does not mean that you will save money -
this depends on the number of persons that you are going to be. For just two persons a tour with a local agent usually cost more - as the number of the participants increases the rate is lower. Booking with the cruise company usually you do not have any risk. Choosing to book with a local agent you have to make first a good search to choose the best one, then decide the program you would like to have and what is the best for your needs. When I am travelling with my wife I usually book the tour with a cruise company. When I am traveling with a group of friends we are planning our own tours and choose to book them with a local agent. In the second option always I feel a little bit nervous about the tours… until the end of each tour. Especially if I am the one that has organized it!!!!