Thread: Norwegian Gem
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi - We (Mom 35, Dad37, Teen 15, Kid 7) just got back from a 7 day Cruise to Orlando and the Bahamas, on the GEM , and we LOVED LOVED LOVED IT , granted it was our first real vacation, but the state room was perfect, the service was impecable, with a friendly staff that always went above and beyond what was expected! One of the things I kept saying over and over again is wow, this food is HOT , like really HOT , and everything we ate was great! I feel like I should say something bad just to balance my review, so here it is, the buffet food was good, there was a lot of people , and so much to do and see - I needed like 3 more days at leased and I walked ALOT ! back to the good stuff, the bartenders knew my husbands name, (and drink) the pool side waiters knew mine! the slide attendant and all the kids club crew knew my daughters name and I didn't see my 15 year old son the entire time we were there The cruise director Ken and asst Joel, were great - funny and personable and great ! The band Groove international was very cool ! We ate when we wanted too, 5pm, 7:30, 12:30am, Pool side BBQ's were yum! We went to the French , Italian and Asian fusion (cover charge, dinning) all worth it ! So As you can tell YES , I would recomend it , and when you see Ken, Tell him we said Hi!